Monday 3 April 2017

The trap of fad diets and the quick fix!!

Week one completed, now I just need to keep it up for the rest of my life!

That's the problem with losing weight and diets, it always appears to be temporary. Don't you think?
I see magazines claiming if you follow this amazing miracle 30 day diet, you can drop 2 dress sizes, but they forget to tell the reader if they STOP and go back to their old diet, they will put it back on again! Everything seems to be a quick fix, seriously if it was that easy - the whole country would be skinny.

It all boils down to money. It's like selling ice to Eskimos - heck I have spent £1000s on weight-loss fads in hopes that it will work and help unleash the skinny bitch lurking somewhere inside me, but the only thing that got thin was my god dam purse.

The weight loss industry is astronomically growing each year and the industry is making billions per year, this year the global value is expected to reach a whopping £220billion. WHAT??
Why the hell would the weight-industry want you to successfully lose weight for good? They aren't selling us products to help us lose weight to be kind, fuck no. It's for profit.

If you signed up to Herbalife, and completed it and lost a couple of stone, awesome! But what happens after? Only a small % of people will actually continue a healthy lifestyle after the diet has finished, but most end up going back to the old way of living and end up gaining weight - and the cycle starts again! You get fatter, you're wallet gets skinnier and the company is laughing all the way to the bank with your hard earned cash, whilst you are on the sofa crying because you are skint and fat. There is no such thing as miracle fad diet and magic pills. Just a healthy diet with everything in moderation and exercise is the REAL miracle worker and it's pretty much free!

Losing weight is Maths and having a great mindset. If your head isn't in the right place- then it's not as easy as 123. It becomes a Maths Degree - and if it doesn't come naturally, then it's nearly impossible to do it right. The only way to temporarily succeed is to find an easy solution and methods to cheat, which results in FAKE results achieved by fad diets. Get "Head Healthy" first and everything else will fall in to place.

I took weight loss pills, attended diet groups, juices, shakes, cut out carbs, you name it, I've done it, I have lived it and here I am - drastically obese. The answer is so simple. I always knew it, I just wanted results faster and wanted it to be easy, but in the long run - it made it harder.

I have let diets rule my life. I have decided to take charge. I am in control. I can eat what I want, when I want. No rules. No weekly weigh-ins, just monthly weigh-ins thats measures the % of fat. I need to make better choices, smaller portions and move more and allow my self to indulge once in awhile!

I have kicked the bad habit of Fad Diets!


No comments:

Post a Comment

The trap of fad diets and the quick fix!!

Week one completed, now I just need to keep it up for the rest of my life! That's the problem with losing weight and diets, it always ...